Born in Catanzaro on November 19, 1964.
Since 2018 to date - Head of the ENEA Laboratory for AgriFood Sustainability, Quality and Safety, Biotechnologies and Agriculture Division, Department for Sustainability
Professor of AgroFood Microbiology, Master's Degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition, University Campus Bio-Medico di Roma
Education and Training.
- 19th January 2021- Italian National Scientific Habilitation as Full Professor in Microbiology (ASN 2018-2020, Sector 05/I2)
- 2014 - Italian National Scientific Habilitation as Associate Professor in Genetics and Microbiology (ASN 2012, Sector 05/I1)
- 1988-89 Fellowship at the ENEA Casaccia Research Center
- 1988 - Professional qualification of biotechnologist
- 23/06/1988 Habilitation degree in Biology, University "La Sapienza" of Rome, Italy
- 25/02/1987 Degree in Biological Science (summa cum laude), University "La Sapienza" of Rome, Italy
- “Professore a contratto” of Industrial Fermentation Techniques, Environmental Microbiology, Microbial Ecology (University of L'Aquila).
- Lessons and seminars at the Biology and Biotechnology Department "Charles Darwin", University La sapienza, Rome.
- Member of scientific societies: SIMGBM (Italian Society of General Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology), Federation of European Microbiological societies (FEMS), SIMTREA (Italian Society of Agro-Food and Environmental Microbiology), Italian Society of Cystic Fibrosis (SIFC), European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS).
- Invited speaker in national and international congresses
- Chair in international congresses.
- Reviewer for several indexed journals (The ISME Journal, npj Biofilms and Microbiomes-Nature, Scientific Reports, Microbiology, Sustainability, Environmental Microbiology and Environmental Microbiology Reports; PLOSONE; BMC Microbiology; Journal of Clinical Microbiology; European Journal of Plant Pathology; Annals of Microbiology; Bioelectromagnetics; African Journal of Microbiology Research, Applied Soil Ecology, African Journal of Agricultural research).
- Good experience in project or team management.
- Coordinator and Principal Investigator of research projects funded by Ministry of Education, Universities and
Research (MIUR), Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (MIPAF), Ministry of Economic Development (MISE), Italian Cystic Fibrosis Research Foundation (FFC). Collaborator in several national and international projects.
Management Committee Substitute for Italy, Action CostFP1305: Linking belowground biodiversity and ecosystem function in European Forests (Biolink)
- Tutor for PhD students (research and thesis), grants and ENEA’s research post-doctoral fellowships, supervisor and mentor of International post-doc students and researchers within the TWAS-ENEA programme dedicated to encouraging research and technological development in developing countries.
- Collaborator in several national and international projects.
WP Leader SIMBA Project, Sustainable Innovation of Microbiome Applications in the Food-Systems, funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020, Grant Agreement N. 818431 (2018-2022) https://simbaproject.eu
Head ENEA Unit, EJP-SOIL: Towards climate-smart sustainable management of agricultural soils, funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020, Grant Agreement N. 862695 (2020-20125) https://ejpsoil.eu
Partner SOIL-HUB Project, Creazione di un HUB italiano a supporto della partecipazione dell’Italia alla Global Soil Partnership ed alla rete di eccellenza europea sulla ricerca sul suolo, funded by MIPAAFT (DM 35581, 5/11/2019) (2020-2023)
Academic Editor for Frontiers in Microbiology, PlosOne and Microbiology-MDPI.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Microbial Resource Research Infrastructure Italian Node – MIRRI-IT
Member of the Scientific Committee of ECFS
In the past:
Coordinator Multicentre Project FFC#10/2014 "Investigating the airway microbiome in cystic fibrosis patients with a severe decline in lung function: an opportunity for a personalized microbiome-based therapy", funded by Italian CF Foundation
- Management Committee Substitute Member for Italy, Cost Action FP1305: Linking belowground biodiversity and ecosystem function in European Forests (Biolink)
Author of 54 peer-reviewed published papers in international journals, plus more than 180 communications (oral
Scopus: ID: 6602516452 Citations: 1848. h index: 23.
Google scholar– Citations 3037; H index= 30; i-10-index: 41.
RG Score 37.03 (higher than 95% of ResearchGate members'). h-index 28. Citations 2417.
Papers peer reviewed 2015-2020:
- Bacci G, Taccetti G, Dolce D, Armanini F, Segata N, Di Cesare F, Lucidi V, Fiscarelli E, Morelli P, Casciaro R, Negroni A, Mengoni A Bevivino A.*(2020) Untargeted Metagenomic Investigation of the Airway Microbiome of Cystic Fibrosis Patients with Moderate-Severe Lung Disease. Microorganisms 2020, 8, 1003. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms8071003
- Koutika L, Cafiero L, Bevivino A, Merino A. (2020) Organic matter quality of forest floor as a driver of C and P dynamics in acacia and eucalypt plantations established on a Ferralic Arenosols, Congo. For. Ecosyst. 7, 40 https://doi.org/10.1186/s40663-020-00249-w
- Koutika L, Ngoyi S, Cafiero L, Bevivino A (2019) Soil organic matter quality along rotations in acacia and eucalypt plantations in the Congolese coastal plains. For. Ecosyst. 6, 39 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40663-019-0197-8
- Latini A, Bacci G, Teodoro M, Mirabile Gattia D, Bevivino A* and Trakal L (2019) The Impact of Soil-Applied Biochars From Different Vegetal Feedstocks on Durum Wheat Plant Performance and Rhizospheric Bacterial Microbiota in Low Metal-Contaminated Soil. Front. Microbiol. 10:2694. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.02694
- Bevivino A*, Bacci G, Drevinek P, Nelson MT, Hoffman L (2019) Deciphering the Ecology of Cystic Fibrosis Bacterial Communities: Towards Systems-Level Integration. Trends in Molecular Medicine, Volume 25, Issue 12, 1110 – 1122 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molmed.2019.07.008
- Savi D, Quattrucci S, Trancassini M, Dalmastri C, De Biase RV, Maggisano M, Palange P, Bevivino A. (2019) Impact of clonally-related Burkholderia contaminans strains in two patients attending an Italian cystic fibrosis centre: a case report. BMC Pulm Med. 2019;19(1):164. doi:10.1186/s12890-019-0923-6
- Terranova L, Oriano M, Teri A, Ruggiero L, Tafuro C, Marchisio P, Gramegna A, Contarini M, Franceschi E, Sottotetti S, Cariani L, Bevivino A, Chalmers JD, Aliberti S, Blasi F. (2018) How to Process Sputum Samples and Extract Bacterial DNA for Microbiota Analysis. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 19, 3256.
- Mercado-Blanco J, Abrantes I, Barra Caracciolo A, Bevivino A (corresponding author), Ciancio A, Grenni P, Hrynkiewicz K, Kredics L and Proença DN (2018) Belowground Microbiota and the Health of Tree Crops. Front. Microbiol. 9:1006. ISSN=1664-302X. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2018.01006 [Scopus]
- Daddiego L, Bianco L, Capodicasa C, Carbone F, Dalmastri C, Daroda L, Del Fiore A, De Rossi P, Di Carli M, Donini M, Lopez L, Mengoni A, Paganin P, Gaetano P, Bevivino A (2018). Omics approaches on fresh-cut lettuce reveal global molecular responses to sodium hypochlorite and peracetic acid treatment. J Sci Food Agric. 98(2): 737-750; ISSN: 00225142; doi: 10.1002/jsfa.8521 [Scopus]
- Bragonzi A, Paroni M, Pirone L, Coladarci I, Ascenzioni F, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2017). Environmental Burkholderia cenocepacia Strain Enhances Fitness by Serial Passages during Long-Term Chronic Airways Infection in Mice. Int J Mol Sci, 18 (11), 2417. ISSN: 1422-0067, doi: 10.3390/ijms18112417 [Scopus]
- Perrotta G, Donini M, Demurtas O.C., Mengoni A., De Rossi P, Del Fiore A, Di Carli M, Bianco L, Daddiego L, Sulli M, Daroda L, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2017). Integration of multiomics data for biomarker identification of food safety and quality. Food Science Book Series 2017 Edition "Science within Food: Up-to-date Advances on Research and Educational Ideas". Editor: A. Méndez-Vilas. Publisher: Formatex Research Center. ISBN: 978-84-947512-1-9
- Bevivino A (corresponding author), Dalmastri C (2017) Impact of agricultural land management on soil bacterial community: A case study in the Mediterranean area. In: Soil biological communities and ecosystem resilience, Springer Series "Sustainability in Plant and Crop Protection". Lukac M, Gamboni M., Grenni P (eds) Springer Nature. ISBN:978-3-319-63335-0
- Bacci G, Mengoni A, Fiscarelli E, Segata N, Taccetti G, Dolce D, Paganin P, Morelli P, Tuccio V, De Alessandri A, Lucidi V, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2017). A Different Microbiome Gene Repertoire in the Airways of Cystic Fibrosis Patients with Severe Lung Disease. Int J Mol Sci,18(8): 1654. ISSN: 1422-0067, doi: 10.3390/ijms18081654 [Scopus]
- Bacci G, Paganin P, Lopez L, [...], Bevivino A (corresponding author), Mengoni A. (2016) Pyrosequencing Unveils Cystic Fibrosis Lung Microbiome Differences Associated with a Severe Lung Function Decline. Kormann MSD, ed. PLoS One. 2016;11(6):e0156807. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0156807 [Scopus]
- Di Carli M, De Rossi P, Paganin P, Del Fiore A, Lecce F, Capodicasa C, Linda B, Perrotta G, Mengoni A, Bacci G, Daroda L, Dalmastri C, Donini M, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2016) Bacterial community composition and proteome analysis of fresh-cut lettuce in innovative packages. FEMS Microbiol Lett 363 (1): fnv209 DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/femsle/fnv209. ISSN: 03781097 [Scopus]
- Papaleo MC, Fondi M, Maida I, Perrin E, Bevivino A, Dalmastri C, Fani R (2015) Analysis of a pool of small plasmids from soil heterotrophic cultivable bacterial communities. Open Microbiol J 9. ISSN: 1874-2858.
- Paganin P, Fiscarelli EV, Tuccio V, Chiancianesi M, Morelli P, Dolce D, Dalmastri C, De Alessandri A, Lucidi V, Taccetti G, Mengoni A, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2015) Changes in CF airway microbial community associated with a severe decline in lung function. PLoS One10(4) e0124348. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0124348. ISSN 19326203 [Scopus]
- Daddiego L, Perrotta G, Bevivino A, Bianco L, Capodicasa C, Caprioli R, Carbone F, Dalmastri C, De Rossi P, Di Carli M, Donini M, Fantini E, Fiore A, Garri R, Lamanna R, Lopez L, Paganin P, Puzone M, Daroda L (2015) Indicatori di qualità per la IV gamma. In: Ingredienti alimentari, pp: 6- 15. Chiriotti Editori.
- Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2015) Controllo della proliferazione microbiologica nei prodotti ortofrutticoli confezionati. Speciale III-2015, Energia, ambiente e Innovazione, ENEA per EXPO 2015. http://www.enea.it/it/pubblicazioni/EAI/anno-2015/speciale-eneaxexpo
- Grenni P, Bevivino A (eds) (2015). Soil Biological Communities and Aboveground Resilience. COST Action FP1305 BioLink - Linking belowground biodiversity and ecosystem function in European forests, Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Meeting - Rome, 17-19 November 2015. ISBN: 978-88- 97655-01-5
- Dalmastri C, Bevivino A (corresponding author) (2015) Eco-physiological diversity of soil bacteria communities in relation to tillage system and nitrogen fertilizer. Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Meeting COST Action FP1305 BioLink - Rome, 17-19 November 2015. ISBN: 978-88- 97655-01-5
Contacts: Tel. +39 06 30483868, Fax +39 06 30484808, Mobile +39 3357664187